Not exciting?!
So Miki says she's got nothing to report. Didn't you go to San Francisco? i'd say that's fairly exciting, eh? Cubs game in foreign territory, and reunions with college friends? Adam having to stay on there, and your first road trip together in the new car (regardless of which one you took). Was Jill there? was there drama, drama, drama? Them's always good times.
Here in Chicago, John and I just dodged the heat. . . trekking by bus and train to such exotics as the library (ooooh), the movie theatre , (aaaah), the porn video store (huh?) and the field museum (woo hoo!). . .
On Friday we went ot D'Augustinos (or whatev. the pizza joint in mik and molly's old hood), where we got into a fight-of-sorts about child education theorys and social expectations, and then got drunk, and then on to Guthries where we played card games and shit for a while, before stumbling home. So very sad and bizarre to be at those places with John and not you guys. But even sadder it is the fact that I was sitting there wishing it wasn't him :( But I wanted to go there and try to get on with my life, and attempt to put this dude into it, you know? Slowly but surely, i guess :)
Saturday was the library/movie day with bennigan's in between. We saw Brother's grimm which was Funny and Suprising and Weird and Imaginateve and i liked it. I am mildly in love with Heath Ledger, and Matt Damon barely looks like himself. Both were great though. And then, we were schedulded to two step with molly marie, but my neurons and her teammates conspired against that plan, and we walked home from the bus which abandoned us, inexplicably, at belmont and Halsted, and vegged out watching The OC (what's wrong with me?!!) and went to bed.
Sunday we went to the Field Museum, and I read the paper and watched septemeber elleventh tributes the rest of the day (oh yeah, and save the last dance or whatev. rediculously addictive movie. I don't know HOW many times i've watched that shit. . . i guess i had to counteract the thinking of news and museum) and wanted to cry (from the saddness of 9/11 mourners, and the fighting over the memorials, and the poeple stuck in shelters from louisiana and Mississippi, and the mourners for new orleans and the fight over it's rebuilding process.
Just like any old weekend, right?
And you guys?

1 Comments:
OOH! I meant to explain the porn store. My video store, over which I belive I've expressed my nervousness, turns out to be pretty much soley porn with a single rack of new release non-naked movies. (one wonders why they need the mask?!) Not so much good for me, for while I have no issue with porn videos, they're just not something I go out and rent. Luckily, John offered to scope it out for me when I was paying my exorbitant late fees for Soprano's DVD(of the few front shelves), and ventured into the depths of porn and more porn. "The largest selection of Gay, bi-sexual, lesbian and alternative adult videos" appears to leave no room for the stuff poor Beth would have the balls to rent. Time to find a new movie place :(
9/12/2005 12:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home